Germany also known as Deutschland, officially called the Federal Republic of Germany, is one of the most populous state of the European Union and also Germany is second just after the USA as a popular migration destination. Of the world’s 500 largest stock-market-listed companies measured by revenue in 2014, the Fortune Global 500, 28 are headquartered in Germany. 30 Germany-based companies are included in the DAX, the German stock market index. Well-known international brands include Mercedes-Benz, BMW, SAP, Volkswagen, Audi, Siemens, Allianz, Adidas, Porsche, Deutsche Bahn, Deutsche Bank and Bosch. Germany has held the position of being a global leader in science and technology since its achievements in the fields of science and technology have been significant. Research and development efforts form an integral part of the economy.
Germany has also been the seventh most visited country in the world. In terms of education Germany has been home to one of the oldest of universities and about the 14th century.
- Name: Germany Federal Republic of Germany
- Capital City: Berlin (3,440,441 pop.) (4,429,847 metro)
- Germany Population: 81,147,265 (2013 est
- Ethnicity: German 91.5%, Turkish 2.4%, other 6.1% (made up largely of Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish)
- GDP per capita: $39,100 (2012 EST.)
- Language: German
- Religion: Protestants 34%, Roman Catholic 34%, Muslim 3.7%, unaffiliated or other 28.3%
WHY STUDY IN GERMANY?
- Safe country to live and study
- World class degrees recognised around the world
- Diverse range of study opportunities
- 17,500 degree programmes offered
- Scientifically oriented study in a wide range of disciplines.
- Lowest tuitions fees
- Affordable living expenses
- Ample number of scholarships on offer
Higher education in Germany are divided into
- Universities of ‘Applied Sciences’
- Colleges of Art and Music;
- The entire system in Germany totals nearly 400 higher education institutions, with roughly 120 universities
- 189 universities of public administrative sciences
- 50 art colleges.
COST OF STUDY
- A public university- from no fees to 500 to 1000 euro/ sem
- Private universities- 5000 euro to 7000 euro/ sem
COST OF LIVING
- 10236 Euros for first year.
- 15 & 16 year Education with 75% or 2.75 GPA.
- IELTS – 6.5 overall or TOEFL – 85points (IBT)
- IELTS – 6.5 or TOEFL – 85points (IBT)
- Work Experience 2 – 3 year at managerial level GMAT – 550
- GMAT – 550 (exceptionally required)
WORK RIGHTS AND STAY BACK
- 240 days part time or 120 days full time in a year .Students can work for more hours subject to approval from foreign authority
- 18 months stayback
- 20 hr/week(during class timings)
- 40 hr/week(vacations)
- Summer- March/ April
- Winter- Sep/oct
- certain private universities – feb/may/june in addition to above intakes.
- ceptionally required)