Located in north of the North American continent, the country of Canada is bordered by the USA in its south and Alaska at its west. With French as the most commonly spoken language, Canada has been known for its extreme cold winters, the Niagara Falls and the most recent events of the refugee acceptance, reminding the world of the friendly and accommodating nature of the Canadians. The country has held its firm belief in the fact that ‘all citizens are equal and that diversity makes us a stronger country’. The multicultural availability in the country therefore is proof that it makes all feel the equality and therefore everyone is at home and about 20% of the Canadians were born outside (Government of Canada website).
However, this is a place to learn more and it is the second largest country in the world after Russia by land area and is covered with a lot of lakes. Although the name means village, it was previously named as New France. Along with the typical symbol of the maple leaf of Canada, it has also been the home ground for the birth of diverse fields such as IMAX, Basketball, the pacemaker and even the Blackberry phone.
- Canada is a Federation of ten provinces (Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan) and three territories (Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut).
- Number of universities- 98
- Temperature: subarctic in south and arctic in north.
- Official Languages: English, French
- Currency CAD$
WHY STUDY IN CANADA?
- First rate education system in the world
- Immigration friendly country
- Large number of prestigious universities to choose from
- Low Tuition Fees
- Range of job focussed programmes with Co-op
- Strong growing economy with large manpower shortage
- Opportunity to gain Canadian Work experience by working part-time on- campus without a work permit and off-campus with a work permit
- Post-graduate work permits upon completion of studies related to field of study
- Nomination for Immigration to Canada under Provincial Nominee Programs
- Chance to stay in Canada while your permanent resident application is in process
- Spouse accompaniment/work right
CANADIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM
- Canadian education system consists of both public and private schools, Universities & Colleges, Community Colleges / Technical Institutes, Career Colleges, Language Schools and Secondary Schools.
- First Professional Degree
- Associate Degrees
- Applied Degrees
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- TOEFL or IELTS scores as a proof of English proficiency. Depending upon the institution, the score requirements may vary between 80-100 for TOEFL and 6.0 – 7.0 bands in IELTS.
- For MBA admission a good score in GMAT is required.
- Jan /May /September
WORK RIGHTS & STAY BACK POST STUDY
- Part time work right : Off campus 20 hours per week – 40 hours per week during vacation
- 40 Hours per week during vacation. No limit for on campus work
- upto 3 years stay back for ( 2 years study )or equal to the course duration if it is less than 2 years
COST OF LIVING
- Approximately CAD 10000 for 1st year.
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma Courses cost range from CAD$11,000 – CAD$13,000 per year depending on the course.*
- Bachelor’s Degrees cost range from CAD$13,000 – CAd$19,000 per year for most under-graduate degrees*
- Post-graduate Degrees cost ranges from CAD$12,000 and ranges up to CAD$22,000*